The sun is shining, the birds are chirping, and the flowers are in full bloom…A sure sign that Spring is here!
And with that warmer weather, comes the official start to the summer season and Memorial Day kicks it all off! What do you have planned for this fun holiday?
If you’re looking to spend it with the special senior in your life, here are some fun ideas for you both to enjoy!
- Get Outdoors: If the weather is nice, grab your chairs & outdoor blankets and enjoy the sunshine! Just being out in nature does your mind, body and soul some good! Head to your favorite park for a picnic, watch a parade, or relax with some casual bird watching. Don’t forget your sunscreen, hats & umbrellas.
- Make Some Patriotic Desserts: Show off your patriotic spirit with red, white and blue recipes perfect for Memorial Day potlucks, picnics and parties. If you need some inspiration, check out these great recipes.
- Enjoy An Ice Cream Social: Grab all your favorite fixin’s for tasty ice cream sundaes. Ice cream, hot fudge or caramel, whipped cream, nuts & cherries. It’s a fun activity for the whole family!
- Arts & Crafts: Have you been wanting to start a fun craft project? DIY projects can be enjoyable & easy and they can also be great for stimulating the mind and spirit. Need some inspiration? Here are tons of ways to get creative!
- Listen To Music: Use music as medicine for Seniors! Music is a powerful way to connect with someone. Music & Memory go hand in hand and helps residents who experience anxiety, advanced stage dementia or Alzheimer’s, a chance to listen to playlists, and experience the power of music to trigger memories, sing, clap, and enjoy the moment. Find out more on our Music & Memory program here.
We hope you can enjoy some of these easy & fun activities to celebrate the holiday & the upcoming summer season!
Happy Memorial Day from all of us at Franklin County Rehab Center!